Volunteering With A Forgotten Landscape
If you choose to volunteer with A Forgotten Landscape, we’ll work hard to make sure you have everything you need to do your task with confidence. And to make it enjoyable!
Here’s what you’ll get from us:
- Clear volunteer role descriptions so you can choose which project is for you. You’ll see in advance how much time you’ll be committing, what the project is about, what skills you’ll need and what skills you’ll gain.
- Full and free training for your project. As we are funded by the HLF, there will be no cost to you at any time.
- We will also pay for any travel expenses you incur while working with us.
- Ongoing support. You’ll know who to call if you have any questions at any time during your volunteer work with us. We’ll be there to support you while you get into your role.
- Dignity and respect. We know that our projects attract a wide range of people and we want everyone to feel welcome and their contribution valued. We’ll work hard to make that happen; we just need you to treat your fellow volunteers with the same respect.
- Health and safety. We’ll risk assess all activities and make sure you know exactly how to use the tools you need for your project. We supply any necessary equipment so you can carry out your tasks with confidence.
- An opportunity to follow a passion, meet new friends, learn something new, and contribute to conserving, restoring and exploring A Forgotten Landscape. Put the place you love on the map!
What we ask in return:
- That you attend the necessary training and follow all the advice and guidance.
- That you turn up when you say you will and do your task to the best of your ability.
- That you’ll let us know promptly if you can’t do your task (e.g. if you are sick one day).
- That you will treat us and your fellow volunteers with respect.
- That you will keep in good prompt contact with us.
If this all sounds good to you, please fill in a volunteer application form. Put whichever of our volunteer roles you’re interested in of the form
For further information please see our